Monday, May 3, 2010

Tremolo stabilizer.

This is similar to a tremolo stabilizer sold by Gotoh i think. I made it for my Stratocaster, when i installed a Floyd Rose tremolo. It wasn't a very good licensed one and it had problems holding in tune. I made this with a aluminum bar, a threaded rod and brass rod. It was a pain in the ass to do with the tools i have, because it was almost impossible to make the drill press do perfectly straight holes in the brass rod. Also the hole in the aluminum bar was crooked but that proved helpful in the end, because it allows me to not interfere with the strings and still have the necessary parts perpendicular to the trem block. I had a hard time finding a decent spring and i don't know where that one came from, but it works very well. I'm still considering taking it to a machinist and have him do one that looks prettier.



No comments:

Post a Comment